Dalmatian Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Is Your Dog Too Bored to Behave?
- Dog Depression - This You Can Do To Cheer Him Up
- How To Do Puppy Potty Training The Easy Way
- Puppy Training Tips: How To Have An Obedient and Sweet Puppy
- Boredom: Why It's Bad For Your Dog
- The Best 5 Dog Breeds Suited for Apartment Living
- Be a Dog Trainer Today!
- How To Choose The Right Dog For Your Lifestyle
- Four Things You Need To Know About Canine Obesity
- Dog Obedience Classes for Your Pets
Peter Banks was originally born in London, England in 1958. He spent over 15 years working in the City of London as a Senior Computer Technical Consultant specialising in Network Security.
Being married to an Irish woman he ‘retired’ back to Ireland and has spent the last 23 years rearing Yorkshire Terriers and running the successful www.IrishDogs.ie website which now receives over One Million visitors each year. He now lives in County Kildare in the middle of the countryside with his wife, four Yorkies and one old girl (22 year old cat).
Having had dogs in the family for over twenty five years, he finally decided he had the “right credentials” to actually write about his experiences and to debunk what he considered the inept Training techniques the so-called ‘pet professionals’ were promoting. And so, www.IrishDogs.ie was born in 2002 containing just 10 pages of "information".
Since then the site has grown to contain over 4,500+ articles, a dog blog, podcasts and a highly active Community Forum ... a mine of information for all dog afficionados both here in Ireland, the UK, the United States and all around the World!
Recently, Peter has added three new sites to the ever growing stable of doggie websites: www.English-Dogs.co.uk, www.Scottish-Dogs.co.uk and www.Welsh-Dogs-co.uk to better serve the local communities in the United Kingdom.
He has always promoted responsible dog ownership and firmly believes that the Pet Food industry really isn’t advancing the welfare of animals rather than advancing its own profits. Peter has recently also released his own homemade Dog Food Recipes e-Book which is available for €7.
How would you like a dog site with a difference? A useful information resource, where each breed is treated fairly and equally? A website that is easy to navigate and easy on the eye? Above all, a website which hosts a unique community that YOU can be part of?!
Well, you've just found it!
We hope that our web sites have succeeded in their attempt to bring back the friendly online experience from the good ol’ days of the internet - but don't just take our word for it, register today in our Community Forum (it's free!) and find out for yourself what makes us stand out. One important factor is that we operate a zero tolerance policy on ‘attitude’. People are more than welcome to have their say in our community areas so long as they maintain an adult and non-condescending manner. As we are open/accepting-of-all-breeds (and non-biased) there really is no need for any hostility against anyone who may have been pigeon-holed as your ‘rival’ (generally due to the culture of other dog sites). You can leave it all behind and join us! Be amongst other friendly people – become a Community Member.
A special thanks go to our Article and Content contributors, our Moderators, and Supporting Members and Advertisers, all helping to keep us a free site for everyone to enjoy. A big thanks also goes to all our loyal members who have helped keep our ethos alive since day one. And, of course a huge thanks to all our members who have supported us financially by clicking on those Google Advertisments that help pay some of the bills :)
The great thing about our web site is that we are always evolving, adding tons of new content, moving forward - who knows where we'll be in the future? We hope you'll join us and be part of our "ID" worldwide community.
If you still need more reasons to join us, check out our Why Register page.
Peter Banks – 2012 – Co. Kildare, Ireland.
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
- Tips for New Puppy Owners
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Americans Prefer Dogs — but Dream of Tigers, Giraffes - TIME
- US Pet Poll: Most Prefer Dogs, 18 Percent Want Dinosaur - National Geographic
- Activists targeting China dog meat festival - Fox News
- Dye is cast for doggie - New York Post
- Boy, 6, dies after being attacked by family dog in Union City - San Jose Mercury News
- Pooch package gives your dog a $74000 vacation - Fox News
- The Things That Dogs Teach Us (VIDEO) - Huffington Post