Dandie Dinmont Terrier Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- The Best 5 Dog Breeds Suited for Apartment Living
- Be a Dog Trainer Today!
- How To Choose The Right Dog For Your Lifestyle
- Four Things You Need To Know About Canine Obesity
- Dog Obedience Classes for Your Pets
- 5 Simple Steps For Leash Training Puppies
- How To Stop A Barking Dog
- Calm Non-verbal Communication Can Lessen Behaviour Problems
- Dog Obedience Classes for Your Dog
- The Pros and Cons of Home Vs Professional Dog Grooming
Plan Your Trip in Advance
Summer rolls around, or the winter break, and you're planning a getaway for your family and hopefully Buster Brown the family dog. Just as you would thorough prepare for your children, the same consideration goes for Buster. He deserves careful thought as well. After all you want the trip to be enjoyable for him too, don't you? The first line of preparation is to look on-line to find "pet welcoming" and not just "pet friendly" hotels for that will accommodate the family and Buster Brown as a unit. Just remember there is a definite difference between "pet friendly" and "pet welcoming". When you actually call the potential hotel your clan will be lodging in, your gut instinct will immediately let you know if this is the place where you should or should not stay. Just listen for the tone of the voice of the other person on the end of the line when you ask about pet accommodations.
When you are bringing your children on a trip, you're going to naturally pack plenty of toys, video games, clothes and an emergency first-aid kit. Well Buster deserves to have his own "suitcase" too. His supplies should include dog food, waste bags, doggie bed and blanket, bottled water, seat-belt and a crate, plus any medical records, dog tags and necessary medications. When you children travel with you, do you always get a list of emergency hospitals nearby? Please do the same with Buster Brown, because emergencies can and often do happen, and it's always smart to be prepared. This could save the life of your child and your pet. All you have to do is keep this list in your phone or on your laptop that you'll be taking with you on vacation. It's as easy as that. Be sure to schedule time for several rest stops along the way so Buster can stretch his legs, along with the rest of the family.
Many hotels will happily accommodate both children and pets alike. They will often offer kid activities and sitting services, while you and your spouse spend some quality time alone. For Buster, there will sometimes be sitting services, along with day spa services too. Just remember that these amenities don't come free, and there will be a definite charge. But the extra money will be well spent, because it will make the trip more enjoyable for all parties involved. Call ahead and ask about the amenities and the costs/fees involved. See if you can reserve in advance, so when you actually get there, you're not stuck having to fill out forms at the front desk, while Buster and the rest of the family anxiously wait for you in the hotel lobby.
Finally, these tips are for riding in the car and are not meant for flying. With these simple preparations, the trip can make for one that will be memorable for you for many years to come. Just make sure to pack the most necessary item of all - your digital camera/camcorder.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this dog blog to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
- Tips for New Puppy Owners
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Who's The Best Drinker? Dogs? Cats? Or Pigeons? - NPR (blog)
- Workers seize more than 150 dogs from alleged Missaukee County puppy mill - Detroit Free Press
- Who let the dogs out at MSPCA-Angell benefit? - Boston Globe
- Life's a beach for lucky dogs free to run on sand - Muncie Star Press
- How to make outside-the-box hot dogs - Fox News
- Dogs bring swarm of bacteria into your home - Fox News
- PAWS To Help Oklahoma Deal With Post-Tornado Influx Of Dogs, Cats - CBS2 Chicago