Our Web Store
Russian Black Terrier Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Can Dogs Catch Colds From Humans?
- Dogs And Cats Get On Great ... Until Bed Time
- Dogs and Fireworks!
- Guilty Dogs!
- Get Your Dog to Take Their Medicine?
- Fear Of Storms In Dogs Common And Probably Genetic
- Travel In Safety With Your Dog
- Summer BBQ Donts ... Not A Dog Picnic
- How To Care For a Sick Dog
- Dogs Dental Care
Dog scabs are the skin's response to irritation and itch. There are several factors that cause dog scabs to develop. The reasons for skin problems are as varied as their appearance, from nutritional problems to environment and from surface contact to diseases.
Dogs with skin problems can display a huge array of symptoms: constant licking, hair loss, constant chewing at an irritated spot, inflammation, pain and swelling.
When you see your dog incessantly scratching, you will often find red, itchy bumps and scabs on his skin. Dog scabs generally occur because of skin infection caused by dog food, the environment, certain substances in the house like air fresheners, fabrics and carpets, cleaning detergents and softeners, and plants. Parasites like mites and fleas and allergies are also responsible for dog scabs.
When it comes to allergy in your dog, it will be difficult to point out the exact cause. You and your veterinarian may have to resort to a trial and error method to find out the exact cause. Maintaining a record of all events that led to some problem in the dog can be helpful. Your dog can suddenly be allergic to his perfume, shampoos and conditioners along with other substances mentioned above.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this dog blog to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats, A Dramatic Compilation - Huffington Post (satire)
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs - nwitimes.com
- Son who killed family pet: 'I like to hurt dogs' - New York Daily News
- Airlift gives 400-plus shelter dogs a second chance - Delaware County Daily Times
- Eight people in court for not properly confining their dogs - Chambersburg Public Opinion