Forum Home Forum Home Welcome General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Done deal & Stud dogs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Done deal & Stud dogs
    Posted: 15 October 2009 at 1:27pm
Is this the latest craze or something?? Every second ad on that site is for stud dogs, its madness. People must think because they have an entire male that they should use it for stud.Angry

Id love to know how many people actually ring up these people to use their dogs??

I really really hate that site, so many dogs being sold on, swapped, ready for breeding, its awful.Unhappy
Sponsored Links

Ms. Poppy View Drop Down
Doggie Friend
Doggie Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 1:42pm
Hi Andrea, yes people are stupid!  I work with a girl who has an 6 year old samoyd.  She won't neuter him, because she is convinced that one of these days she will use him for stud and make a fortune!  
dee o gee View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee o gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 5:49pm
I have noticed a huge increase in stud dogs on donedeal, like you said nearly every second ad is for a stud dog. I think some people just presume that once they have a pedigree male they can offer him for stud services regardless of any health tests or showing backgrounds and have the cheek to charge 100s of euros. To them I think its just a way of earning a quick bob since they have no expenses of raising the pups.
And I hate the ones that think their dog is god's gift to people just because he's won a few local shows or has a great-great-great-great (etc...) grandsire that qualified for crufts back a few years ago.
And the 'ready for breeding' ones really get my blood boiling, its like a calling for puppy farmers to come and take there 'beloved family pet' away.
Have also noticed an increase in 'free to good home' ads, lurcher pups and adults, and is it just me or has the average price of pups decreased. Possibly some are finding it difficult to sell overpriced puppy farmed pups lately, that could be a good or bad thing?

Edited to add: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/975095 For quick sale or stud.Angry
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1011746 'Reduced price or otherwise she will be bred from', example of someone who has no respect for their dog.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1023586 <I thought only vets and shelters had scanners? Seems a bit suspicious to me why somebody would have a scanner for sale!Confused 

Just thought id crosspost this: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1023510 missing 6 month old white gsd from kilkenny.

Edited by dee o gee - 15 October 2009 at 6:22pm
Bartlett View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 8:48pm
The ads get worse and worse.  Saw one the other day for a guy swapping a 6 or 9 mth pup dogue de Bordeaux for a rottie or something with an offer to surprise him.

I think I could ad on Done Deal offering the OH for stud they would probably accept it.   Wonder how many offers I'd get!
dee o gee View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee o gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Bartlett Bartlett wrote:

I think I could ad on Done Deal offering the OH for stud they would probably accept it.   Wonder how many offers I'd get!

Haha, I can picture it now 'proven stud, good quality' LOL
LB View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 11:18pm
ok recently there were maltis on there for stud two of the three had overshod jaws. you could tell by just looking at them. now i could be wrong but it certainly looked that way. oh god that is why we need som quality maltis in ireland!
The morning howl is driving me mad!
tigerlilly View Drop Down
Doggie Friend
Doggie Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerlilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:03pm
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1033222
And theres this ad, surely the pups wouldnt be ready that soon.
SixStar View Drop Down
BIS IrishDogs Champion
BIS IrishDogs Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by tigerlilly tigerlilly wrote:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1033222
And theres this ad, surely the pups wouldnt be ready that soon.

Why not? They'll be 7 weeks old. Not an ideal age I know, but an acceptable one, as far as I know.
Canine81 View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canine81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 6:50pm
Well out walking this evening I had a lady in a car stop and admire my cocker. She asked if he was an intact male as she was looking for a stud for her bitch. Eh? I told her he wasn't for pimping! Honestly what the hell.
LB View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 9:38pm
PMSL!!!!LOL
The morning howl is driving me mad!
dee o gee View Drop Down
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee o gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 1:34am
Look at this one: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1033325 People really are reaching new lows, he may as well advertised her as a quick money making machine. Angry
Anybody else noticed all the ads for pups from wales, theres been 3 in the last few days all from different names and numbers but written with the same kind of template and different breeds, im very weary of them since wales has such a bad name for puppy farmers and these seem so suspicious. Heres the links:
Maybe im being a bit predjudice against them since their from wales (and im sure welsh people say the same about irish pups) but something is just making me a bit on edge about them.Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic